[CH] Re: shingles

Dave Drum (xrated@cityscape.net)
Sun, 04 Jul 1999 13:15:42 -0500

Byron wrote:

> Dave

> The ones I install have fiberglass in them, with a highly reduced amount
> of asphalt. They stopped making true asphalt shingle about 10 years
> ago. ~~ Fire Code

> I think Mr. Green is refering to airborne fiberglass and asbestoes.
> Not very probable with new shingles.

Oh, I stand corrected then. The fibreglass shingle I remember were
fakes for cedar shakes (they make them in aluminum as well). I don't
remember asbestos roofing shingles - although I installed many squares
of asbestos siding shingles.... back in the 50s and early 60s.

I dunno about the fire code haveing a lot to do with the shingles -
except as a gesture. Burning roofing scrap produces a typically
"petroleum" blaze with orange-red flames and dense black smoke.

ENJOY!!!
--
Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchens
Home of Yaaaah Hoooo Aaahhh HOT Sauce & Hardin Cider