Re: [CH] Re: Slugs

Dave Drum (xrated@cityscape.net)
Mon, 05 Jul 1999 16:29:04 -0500

green56 wrote:

> > We fill a spray bottle with a mixture of ammonia and water and walk
> > around the yard and garden every morning and evening and spray the
> > little critters when we see them.

> > I'm not sure of the exact proportion, probably 1/3 ammonia to 2/3 > water...

> Me?  GEEE-ROSS!

It's really neat when they shrivel up and slime out like the Wicked
Witch of the West.

> Was thinking the ammonia would be accumlative in soil, but maybe not...
> Wash/leach away?

Not using that much. It goes away

> Yea, yea, yea!  I know, I know! I'll eat fertilizer, but not amonnia or
> shingle residue!  I'm quirky!  <g>

Errrrrrmmmmm... ammonia is a component of fertilizer... being a
complex compound based on nitrogen. Farmers put anhydrous ammonia on
their fields a lot. Prolly more than they should. But, squirting slugs
with it should also give your plants a boost.

> Never know, if I get desperate enuff, I *may* resort to
> shingles/ammonia!

> I still vote for the sand/egg shells/beer (only if REALLY desperate!)
> mode.

ENJOY!!!
--
Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchens
Home of Yaaaah Hoooo Aaahhh HOT Sauce & Hardin Cider