Re: [CH] A *New* Sauce?

Dave Drum (xrated@cityscape.net)
Wed, 07 Jul 1999 09:15:27 -0500

green56 wrote:

> 'Heads:
>
> My SO, and fellow 'Head, and I ate at a quasi-Hispanic restaurant here
> in town last nite...  Not Chi-Chi's (THANK GODS!), but not like what can
> be found in our Hispanic section in these environs.
>
> The SO is the one that turned me into a 'Head about a year ago, and at
> this restaurant they had a sauce he'd never seen before...  I'm
> wondering if anyone here has seen it/tried it?

> Ittz El Yucateco, HOT SAUCE, Salsa Picante de Chile Habanero.
> Ingredients:  green habanero pepper, water, salt, garlic, spices,
> aceticac, Yellow #5, Blue #1 (BRITEST GREEN you've ever seen!  LOL!),
> and 0.1% sodium benzoate as perservative.

Almost a 60s day-glo green innit? Makes the bottle easy to find in the
dark and during period of chemical impairment (60s reference)  <GGG>

> We had never eaten any type of green hab sauce - he can take some ripe
> hab sauces, but I can't <g>! - as this is the first he'd ever seen.  We
> found it to be very delicious, medium warm - a nice, make-your-nose-run
> warm - but not so warm as to kill the ol'buds!  I really liked it!
> Thought very flavorful.

El Yukky Tukky is a great goodness. So is Yucatan Sunshine Habanero
Pepper Sauce (Reilly Foods, Nawlins, LA)

> We purchased a bottle.  However we don't know the price; there were two
> separate item amounts on our bill - $2.25 and $1.95 - both of which we
> feel to be way too inxpensive for a sauce...

That's cheap for restaurant pricing. 'Bout right for the Grabbit 'n
Growl Store, tho.

> Has anyone ever had this?  Do you know where we can purchase more?  How
> much is it?

I buy mine 'cross the street at the Eagle Stupormarkup. Or 'cross town
at one of the Schnuk's stupormarkups. The flatlands of the Great
American Outback are beginning to wake up to El Grande

> Oh!  See there's a Web site:  www.elyucateco.com!!!  Will check it out.
> Hope not entirely in Spanish as mine izz limited!

ENJOY!!!
--
Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchens
Home of Yaaaah Hoooo Aaahhh HOT Sauce & Hardin Cider