Re: [CH] A *New* Sauce?

Charles Demas (demas@sunspot.tiac.net)
Wed, 7 Jul 1999 11:01:02 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 7 Jul 1999, green56 wrote:

[lots of random snippage]

> Ittz El Yucateco, HOT SAUCE, Salsa Picante de Chile Habanero.
> Ingredients:  green habanero pepper, water, salt, garlic, spices,
> aceticac, Yellow #5, Blue #1 (BRITEST GREEN you've ever seen!  LOL!),
> and 0.1% sodium benzoate as perservative.
>
> We purchased a bottle.  However we don't know the price; there were two
> separate item amounts on our bill - $2.25 and $1.95 - both of which we
> feel to be way too inxpensive for a sauce...

Yucateco (red or green) is a very inexpensive sauce, I don't think I've
ever paid more than $2 for a bottle, perhaps much less.

It's pretty easy to find, and all the mail order hot shops should have
it if you can't find it in a supermarket or local hot-shop place.

Mail order tends to be a bit pricier, as they work on different margins
than supermarkets.

On the good news side, I saw some Melinda's at the supermarket in the
$2-$3 per bottle range.  Still haven't seen any Bufalo Chipotle around
here in supermarkets though.

Chuck Demas
Needham, Mass.

  Eat Healthy    |   _ _   | Nothing would be done at all,
  Stay Fit       |   @ @   | If a man waited to do it so well,
  Die Anyway     |    v    | That no one could find fault with it.
  demas@tiac.net |  \___/  | http://www.tiac.net/users/demas