Re: [CH] OT: Mexican Oregano

Tantrika (hummer13@earthlink.net)
Thu, 08 Jul 1999 13:20:02 -0700

G'day, Mark
The Border Cookbook it explains:

Mexican Oregano is a different variety than Mediterranean and greek
oreganos and has a milder sweeter flavor.  Most Mexican markets and food
sections carry it, but I suppose in Southern Oz it might be hard to find.

You might do a web search for it and see if you can have it shipped to you.

You can use regular meditarranean oregano in substitution for mexican but
you should use about a 1/3 less.  Substituting marjoram can work as well.