Re: [CH] Blossom Drop

danceswithcarp (dcombs@bloomington.in.us)
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 21:55:38 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 19 Jul 1999, Byron wrote:

> I've had quite a few days over 100F I don't think in a 120 plants
> That
> I have lost more than a dozen blossoms. But the Humidity has also been
> brutal.
>
> I did get some leaf drop, but I noticed that my habbies are growing new
> branches where the leaves dropped.

I'm getting fruit drop on both my chiles and tomatoes.  Entries for the
county fair are this Sunday and I have some absolutley beautiful varieties
of brilliant red poblanos.  I have two 14 inch cowhorns that are maybe the
prettiest peppers I have ever seen, along with three more that are brown
and green.  I have Cascabellas (How do you spell that anyways?) that are
orangish, cayennes and jalapenoes that are changing to red, and something
with 3 lobes that is the color of a Gypsie but is as hot as a Hunkie; very
pretty.

But I am afreared they will all drop off the plants before the entry date.
Some of the anaheims are starting to get that heat-rot kind of black woody
spot disease.  I need rain.

carp