Re: [CH] Wildlife

danceswithcarp (dcombs@bloomington.in.us)
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 22:02:50 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 19 Jul 1999, Byron wrote:

> Carp
>
> Why don't you
>
> A. Fence your garden
> B. Get a good hunting dog ( had a part beagle that chased anything that
> moved)
> C. Get and learn how to to use PROPERLY a small cal. rifle

Well, our biggest porblem is our garden is in the neighbor's back yard.
I've firearms aplenty *and* two beagle dawgs.  The neighbors are kind
folk, but their idea of having a garden in the back yard (suburbia)
doesn't include me in full cammie-gear sneaking about with blooodlust on
me mind.  Trust me, were this my place there would be a bloodbath.

However, I look on it as a challenge.  The mousetraps seem to be wirking,
and we have a bunch of chicken wire from our first effort up there.  We've
decided that next year it will go back up.

Squirrely-squirrely-squirrelys can't be harder to discourage than that
groundhawg, and right now we seem to have him on the run.

I'd eat him though if I could pop him.  Eat everything you kill, but try
not to kill everything you eat; that's my motto.   And I've had groundhawg
just 3 years ago.  The sirloin/t-bone muscles are delicious.

carp