Re: [CH] White and Red habs?

Troy A. Thorup (tat7@cornell.edu)
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 12:49:01 -0400

The color of a pepper is determined by the carotenoids present in the
pepper fruit.  Pungency is caused by the production of capsaicinoids.
These are two different biosynthetic pathways and hence have no
direct affect on one another.  It is therefore not an accurate method
to surmise a peppers pungency based upon its color.  Comparisons
should be made on a variety to variety basis.

Troy