Re: [CH] Cuttings...?

Tom Cuneo (forsite@forsite.net)
Thu, 29 Jul 1999 08:25:23 -0500

I have done lots of clones/cuttings before - with other types of veggies,

The best solution I have ever had is Olivias Cloning Gel. I have literally
seen it cause etoliation from stalk in 48hours or less with very little
death rate.   :-) I would also use Rockwool over soil for best results, then
keep it moist with some solution...
 Not sure how peppers do but make sure you use on the youngest and tenderest
of cuttings, woody stems do not root as easily.. :-)

You can find a catalog for Olivias through Wormsway.com  thats the only
place Ive ever known where to get it from. :-))

Just my 2cents.
Tom Cuneo
www.habanerosauce.com
"At work, waiting on beer-thirty to roll around"

----- Original Message -----
From: Brent Thompson <brent@hplbct.hpl.hp.com>
To: Scott W. Schreiber <scottws@stratos.net>
Cc: <chile-heads@hplbct.hpl.hp.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 1999 11:55 AM
Subject: Re: [CH] Cuttings...?

> Any suggestions for taking cuttings and getting them to root etc?

Chile cuttings root better when the weather is warm, so probably best to
take/root your cuttings now so you'll be all set when Fall comes (not to
mention you'll already know whether you need to take emergency action then
or not).  Most any treatment method will work: you can put the cuttings in
pots of potting soil or leave them in a glass of water (former probably
better), use growth hormone or not (former slightly better), etc.  Some
will live, some will die; take at least maybe twice as many cuttings as the
number of plants you want to end up with.
 ---   Brent