RE: [CH] Have anyone tried this?

Andrew Healy (a.healy@surrey.ac.uk)
Sun, 01 Aug 1999 10:36:21 +0100

Speaking a a workin  chemical researcher, I must warn that 95% ethanol
(ethyl alcohol) does contain noticable amounts of benzene, therein.  While
this should not affect chilli picklers, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DRINK THE HOT
LIUQUID SO FORMED.  Quite reasonably, it would get you ****ed as a newt,
extremely rapidly, but, this benzene could easily afflict you with
temporary or permanent blindness.

Use the 99% (spectroscopic grade) ethanol, to be safe.  [More expensive by
far, but eyes are beyond price.

At 11:45 31/07/99 -0700, you wrote:
>T wrote:
>
>> I've filled a bottle with halved habs, then filled
>> with 95% ethanol and let sit several months or longer.
>
>	I place six halved Habaneros in 1.75-liter
>jugs of Absolut.  They sit on the shelf for 4 weeks,
>then they are transferred to the freezer.  I rotate
>the supply as needed.  This is great, served over
>crushed ice.
>	I am growing Red Savinas for the first time
>this year (in addition to many other varieties of
>peppers, of course) and will be using them in the
>process in the future.
>
>	David

>California Technologies - David Louis Harter
>http://www.catechnologies.com
>http://welcome.to/CAGirls
>Computers - Internet Services - Firearms
>Photography - Graphic Services - Model Agency

"That which does not kill us, makes us strong !" - Nietzsche

>"On the side of the software box, in the 'System Requirements' section,
>it said 'Requires Windows 95 or better'. So I installed Linux."
>         - Anonymous

Andrew Healy <chp2ah>