Re: [CH] Biker Billy Peppers?

Chet Bacon (chet@chetbacon.com)
Mon, 02 Aug 1999 11:06:35 -0400

I didn't find that one but this like adaptable.. wonder what they would
call "the bread"?

Rebecca Kolls via ABCNEWS.com
French Bread Pizza from Hell
                 Ingredients
                  Olive oil
                  2 fresh red jalapeño peppers, stemmed and thinly
sliced
                  1 red bell pepper, cored and juilenned
                  1 yellow bell pepper, cored and juilenned
                  1 green bell pepper, cored and juilenned
                  1 Italian green frying pepper, cored and juilenned
                  3 medium onions, juilenned
                  5 teaspoons chopped garlic
                  salt and ground black pepper
                  1 loaf of Italian bread
                  2 cups shredded mozzarella, or to taste

                 Directions
                 1. Heat several tablespoons of olive oil in a large
frying pan over medium heat. Add the jalapeños, bell peppers, Italian
frying pepper, onions, and garlic and fry for 6 to 10 minutes.

                 2. Preheat the oven to 350 F.

                 3. Cut the Italian bread in half lengthwise. Cover with
a generous amount of shredded mozzarella, add a layer of sautéed peppers
and some oil from the frying pan, and top with a light layer of cheese.
Bake until the cheese is melted, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve hot.

                 Makes: 6 to 8 servings

danceswithcarp wrote:

> This AM on Good Morning America there was a bit near the end about someone
> named "Biker Billy" and a jalapeno-looking pepper that is named after him.
> I was in transit between rooms when the piece started and didn't hear the
> story on the pepper.  Did anyone here catch it?
>
> Also they gave the address of the recipe for his hot mozarello bread
> (the recipe is for the pepper/onion/cheese covering) as

* Chet Bacon   KA1ILH     |           Okay, who put a             *
* PO Box 284              |         "stop payment" on my          *
* Southington, CT 06489   |             reality check?            *
* E-Mail:                 | Homepage:                             *
* chet@chetbacon.com      | http://www.chetbacon.com              *
* cbacon@connix.com(work) | http://www.connix.com/~cbacon (work)  *
* Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco*
* Adopt a Doberman     Help end puppy mills!      www.dru.org     *