Re: [CH] chopsticks

Chet Bacon (chet@chetbacon.com)
Tue, 03 Aug 1999 09:22:48 -0400

Nothing like a little bleach and soap applied with elbow grease.  Wood
cutting boards are being replaced by plastic.. but nothing is germ free
for long.

Shantihhh@aol.com wrote:

> Metal is much more bacteria free and can be sterilized!  The wood is lovely,
> but you should see the mold that grows in and on them in China.  Yuk!

Double yuck! you should see what happens to wood that has had food on it
and leave to the elements in SE Asia.  Never mine a wound to the body!

> I bring my own, it's the best way not to get sick.

That is the way I figure it as well.

> Been there, done that for many years.  At home, well we use handcarved teak,
> diamond wood, and (shhhhh) ivory.  Well, they are very old.  The metal ones
> are very pointed and damn hard to use

but provide wonderful self defense tools.

> Mary-Anne

Use to see teak and ivory ones all the time, wish I had grabbed some way
back when!  The ivory ones are the nicest ones to use (personal opinion)
as they have just the right amount of give, and clean the easiest.

Again thanks one and all for the help.. when I get out to CA again I'll
find that shop in LA again and this time buy a few pair.

Chet
"As with anything simple-controversy seems to follow"

* Chet Bacon   KA1ILH     |           Okay, who put a             *
* PO Box 284              |         "stop payment" on my          *
* Southington, CT 06489   |             reality check?            *
* E-Mail:                 | Homepage:                             *
* chet@chetbacon.com      | http://www.chetbacon.com              *
* cbacon@connix.com(work) | http://www.connix.com/~cbacon (work)  *
* Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco*
* Adopt a Doberman     Help end puppy mills!      www.dru.org     *