Re: [CH] Stuffed Peppers

Rockin' Randy (ledbelly99@yahoo.com)
Sun, 15 Aug 1999 04:22:47 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

When I saw "Lamb" the first thing I thought of was Moussaka.

Patligian Moussaka

Ingredients:

 2 med. to lg. eggplants
 1/2 lb. lean ground lamb
 1/2 lb. lean ground round
 1 can tomato sauce
 1 can Italian style cut tomatoes
 1 med. yellow onion, chopped
 1 red, green or gold bell pepper, diced
 Salt and pepper to taste
 Dash of cayenne pepper
 1 tsp. fresh basil leaves, chopped
 1 clove crushed garlic
 2 tbsp. olive oil

Instructions:

Prepare the eggplant by peeling and slicing into 1/4 inch rounds. Sprinkle
the eggplant rounds generously with salt and let stand until the eggplant
sweats. Thoroughly wash off the salt, and then squeeze the eggplant
lightly and then dry. Brown off the ground meat in the olive oil, and then
add the rest of the ingredients. Now layer the eggplant and the meat
mixture alternately (eggplant first) in a covered glass casserole. The
last layer should be meat. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes to 1
hour. A variation to this recipe would be to add a layer of Monterey Jack
cheese interspersed with the meat and eggplant.

Mmmm... makes me want to go out for some lamb!

rr

--- green56 <green56@PioneerPlanet.infi.net> wrote:

> Actually, doesn't *have* to be paprika, could be some other spice...
> And cheese would be wonderful, too!  But need some idea on what to do
> with these peppers and the lamb.
>
> Thanks!
>
> green

===