Re: [CH] Heat over police pepper spray

Calvin Donaghey (gdonaghey@bitstreet.com)
Sun, 15 Aug 1999 09:13:49 -0500

John Benz Fentner, Jr. wrote:

> > > Heat over police pepper spray
> > > -----------------------------
> > >
> > >  Nonetheless, police here assert
> > > that they instruct their officers that a potent anticrime weapon,
> > > pepper spray, is less effective against Mexican-Americans, Cajuns,
> > > and other ethnic groups, because of their fondness for spicy foods.
> > > ME!! ME!! I'll try it.!! Can you put it in Salsa???
>

> > How about Irish?? Are they leaving out the Irish??? I think my Civil Rights
> > have been violated.I wonder how you would sign up to be a test subject to
> > check your resistance to Spray and relate it to your passion for HEAT.??
>
> Us Paddys have other high tolerance defences...that why the
> Boston cops don't spray us with potatoes.
>
> JB
> Or Guinness

JB-
Come to think of it, I have quite a few Mexican friends, several Chinese friends,
and a few South La. Coon*** friends.  Only a few are chile eaters at all, and
even though I would classify my heat tolerance as only moderately high, none of
these friends have near the appetite for heat that I do. These police would be
better served asking the perpetrator if he /she was a CH before spraying, instead
of looking at ethnicity.  It's a moronic concept, anyway.  Besides...
I'm pretty sure I'm not the only CH who has purchased a Pepper Spray can at Wally
World just to sample it. (To quote Cheech & Chong...
"Wow!! That's the biggest joint I've ever seen, man!!"
        "Oh, it's not real, man.  I just filled it full of my old socks 'n
stuff."
" Well, light it up anyway, man.  Uh, You never know.")
(----for those interested who have never tried Pepper Spray, it ALSO tastes like
singed cat, but with delightful machine oil, hospital sterilizing solution, and
butane overtones.)

I wonder if someone should tell the Pepper Spray Cops that there are folks out
here who try it on purpose, just to see.  HMMmmmmm.............maybe not.
Calvin