Re: [CH] Deep frying turkey was Jim's Fiery Habanero Sauce

Chris Meredith (merc@innocent.com)
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 14:22:28 -0700

Renee,
to deep fry a turkey you inject the marinade 2-3 days prior to frying then
on the blessed day you use ~2-3 gallons of oil(high heat oil) I use canola
my self and you submerse the turkey in the oil for ~3.5 minutes(US minutes)
per pound  this will give you a turkey that is crunchy on the outside and
moist and juicy on the inside  and you will be amazed @ how simple it is.
Last turkey I did I injected one side with a Blair's after death based
marinade and the other side with a brown sugar chipotle based marinade best
of both worlds the CH'ers got what they wanted and the non-CH'ers got what
they could handle ....

At 01:28 PM 8/20/99 -0500, Renee Watson, wrote:
>Hi, Chris
>
>I'm just catching up on my [CH] mail--
>
>Chris Meredith wrote:
>
> > it makes a good marinade for Steaks. I slop it on Hamburgers, Inject it
> > into my Deep Fried Turkeys, dip pieces of my Bro in laws meat cubes in it
> >
> > -chris
> >
> > At 06:48 PM 7/16/99 -0700, Firehouse wrote:
> > >Is there other uses for this sauce besides cleaning silver? This stuff is
> > >deadly, great flavor but deadly!
> > >
> > >    Dave Toussaint - Firehouse #84
> > >     On the tail of the ANCHO RAT!
> > >http://www.pe.net/~bigdave/wine.html
>
>What's that comment about "deep fried turkey?"
>How is this accomplished?
>
>Renee

-Chris
That which burns the Lips, Frees the mind