Re: [CH] Toxic Capsaicin?

danceswithcarp (dcombs@bloomington.in.us)
Sat, 21 Aug 1999 19:09:47 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Akiva Kotler <akiva@barak-online.net>
> Sounds like the best thing that Carp can do to get rid of his groundhog is
> to let him eat heartily in the pepper patch.  I am positive that our co
> chile-head comrades will soon provide us with the kind of scientific
studies
> that we like.

This thing is growing.  Today, Levi-son and I were digging potatoes and
found a whole new Groundhawg residence in the potato patch.
We can't get our hands on a trap and I tried dropping $2  smoke grenades in
the hole in the tomato patch:  I was standing there on the edge of that hole
with a Remington Viper .22 in my hands with three full 10 round clips in my
pocket plus the one in the rifle ready to go full rock'n'roll on the
creechur when he came scampering out but instead, nothing.  And then, about
10 minutes later I look up and purple smoke is coming out of an old metal
shed maybe 40 feet away and uphill from where I dropped the grenades in.  I
couldn't believe it; it's like I'm trying to garden in a prairie dog village
but the prairie dogs weigh 25 pounds and eat everything but chiles and those
they wallow down.    After we found the new hole today we checked out the
old hole.  The Goundhawg had pushed out the smoke bomb casings and had
shoveled out the stained soil.

I think the time has come to put that other half bottle DIS into a 5-gallon
bucket of water and douse the entry points.

It may be cruel, but it will make me feel better.

carp