Re: [CH] Birdseye peppers

Calvin Donaghey (gdonaghey@bitstreet.com)
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 21:18:49 -0500

Byron-
I have one that I originally got from the USDA several years ago.  I
planted seeds Feb. 22 and picked the first ripe fruit July 1 or so.  They
are small, about the size and shape of a .22 shell on the average, C.
Baccatum, hints of evergreen before ripening, typical fruity ripe
red-orange soft flesh, heat about Tobasco type.  I tried to isolate some
for seed but they did not do as well as I had hoped.  I'm sending some
seed out to some folks who asked, will add you to the list if you send
your address.
Calvin