Re: [CH] Bad Seeds Turn Worse (Was: Bad seeds)

Byron (Byron.Bromley@Gsd-Co.Com)
Sun, 29 Aug 1999 15:51:13 -0400

Akiva

I agree there is a lot at stake, but consider this, 1 farmer that plants
1,000 acres of crops buy's more seeds than all the home growers
put together. He get's some financial help thru the USDA, It has been
reported that Monsanto and Dupont are dumping a lot of money into the
pockets of the folks that run the USDA

In poorer nations, the farmers have to take the seeds that the Gvt
controls.
as in who is allowed to import seeds.

In the US it would take a least 2,000,000 americans to outweight
1 congressmans vote.

It think it's called FAT CHANCE.

The only thing I can see that we can do is to save our own seeds
trade amongst ourselves, and boycott their seeds. The big problem
here is some small companies purchase their seeds from mid size
companies. who have in turn purchased from Monsanto or Dupont.
We do not have the right to know this. So how is a boycott going
to be effective ?? I would be real nice if we had an inside source
on this.

All you need is 1 pkg of terminator seeds in your garden and
you can loose all your heirlooms.

Just some additional thoughts
Byron