Re: [CH] A Neat Solution to the Gopher problem

Inagaddadavida,Baby (raelsixty4@earthlink.net)
Wed, 08 Sep 1999 11:04:56 -0600

At 07:33 AM 9/8/99 -0700, Ron Hay wrote:
>Good morning, friends.
>
>In last Thursday's L.A. Times, there was a fascinating article on
>keeping garden pests at bay. The one that caught my eye was the remedy
>for gophers, since so much has been said regarding "hawgs" of various
>sorts. Punch a hole in the tunnel of the critter's burrow, and wearing
>gloves (to keep the human scent off it), place a stick of chewing gum in
>the hole.  When the gopher comes to investigate the light coming into
>its tunnel, he will eat the chewing gum and choke to death.
>
>One may argue whether or not this is humane, but according to Tom
>Hollow, who is the groundskeeper for Soka University in the Santa Monica
>Mountains, surrounded by wildlife, this is a sure-fire method.

i say get a couple pieces of *real* bubble gum, the kind that is one piece,
individually wrapped (used to be a penny each...do they make this stuff
anymore?)...or if you can't find it, just roll up a piece or two into a
ball-ish shape...and then inject a bit of Jim's Backdraft into it...

if he doesn't choke on the gum, he'll burn to death...

serves him right...El Grande ain't amused mit critters who destroy Chiles...

Peace, Hendrix, and Chiles.......

Rael
Rael64
Mississippi Redneck Cook on Sabbatical