Re: [CH] Hot Nuts

Chet Bacon (chet@chetbacon.com)
Thu, 09 Sep 1999 16:55:07 -0400

Michelle DeWitt wrote:

> Would you mind posting that recipe? They sound great!
> Michelle in KC

Sure.. these are about figures + or - should still work
HOT HOT HOT-hot nuts (said with a island accent)

  3       	cups                 	pecans 1/2'd
  3       	tablespoons          	honey
2       	tablespoon          	butter
  2     	tablespoon          	FINELY of diced habs
(note: I use semi-dry deseeded habs - this makes it easier to diced and
they adhere better - so lets see, this is about 3 or 4 habs? hard to
say)
  1       	cup                 	sugar
optional tinglers:
  1/4     	teaspoon (a pinch)            	cloves; ground
  1/4     	teaspoon (a pinch)            	cinnamon; ground

 Toast Pecans in a 350 degree oven for 5-8 min.  Mean while melt butter,
2 Tbls of sugar and honey together in a pan. Remove from oven add the
nuts to butter and honey mix.  Stir to coat.  Add habs and/or optional
spices.  Again, stir to coat.  Add about one quarter of the sugar, while
tossing it with a fork (it should be enough to coat the nuts and make
the habs hang onto the nuts).  Place on waxed paper to cool.  As they
cool toss on another 1/4 cup of sugar after cool add remaining sugar.
Let it cool (right! I always taste test! while warm..mmmm)

It is a feely sorta thing.. sometimes sugar coats it well, temp is what
makes it all work.. too cold and too hot no good
work rapidly, prep your wax papered glass pan 9"x18"

Oh yeah, the fork.. you'll love the fork!

Chet

> Chet Bacon wrote:
> >

> > I do a honey/salted/pecan with finely diced habs -a

* Chet Bacon   KA1ILH     |           Okay, who put a             *
* PO Box 284              |         "stop payment" on my          *
* Southington, CT 06489   |             reality check?            *
* E-Mail:                 | Homepage:                             *
* chet@chetbacon.com      | http://www.chetbacon.com              *
* cbacon@connix.com(work) | http://www.connix.com/~cbacon (work)  *
* Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco*
* Adopt a Doberman     Help end puppy mills!      www.dru.org     *