RE: [CH] Fw: iguana sauces

Greg Jensen (gjensen@amrion.com)
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 08:26:19 -0600

I agree. I love the iguana sauces. The Golden Habanero one is my favorite.
Not a lot of heat but good flavor (mustard added).

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com
[mailto:owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com]On Behalf Of Charles Demas
Sent: Thursday, September 09, 1999 6:14 PM
To: Lori Arbuckle
Cc: chileheads post to list
Subject: Re: [CH] Fw: iguana sauces

On Fri, 10 Sep 1999, Lori Arbuckle wrote:

> Just a quick ask to find out if Iguana sauces are any good.  I just saw
> about 4 of them in our local grocery store and was quite intrigued
> considering this is Australia and many people think that mild Tobasco
sauce
> is too hot!  For you Australians I found the sauces in Coles!  They're
about
> A$3.50.

Yes, at least the Habanero one is.  It's very similar to Melindas XXX.
I like the Iguana XXX (Pretty Damn Hot) one (with the frog) a lot.
I haven't tried the others.

I don't find it to be blisteringly hot, but it has a pretty good heat,
as good as any non-extract based sauce, IMO, though it does have
carrots in it to sweeten it and moderate it, but most do too.  It
isn't what I'd call sweet though, so try it ... you'll like it.  :-)

IIRC, it runs about $3-$5 here in the US. Not a cheap sauce, but not
expensive either.

Chuck Demas
Needham, Mass.

  Eat Healthy    |   _ _   | Nothing would be done at all,
  Stay Fit       |   @ @   | If a man waited to do it so well,
  Die Anyway     |    v    | That no one could find fault with it.
  demas@tiac.net |  \___/  | http://www.tiac.net/users/demas