Re: [CH] World's Hottest Pepper

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@home.com)
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 08:32:29 -0700

KB wrote:

> On the Burpee seed site
> there is mention of the
> Caribbean hab is this
> kin to the Savina?
>
> Caribbean Red Hot Pepper
> 90 days. Improved version of Habanero, it
> ripens to a beautiful deep red and is even
> hotter, with the same distinctive taste. 100
> seeds per packet. Productive 30" plants.
> 1Z\x" x 1" fruits. Days to maturity are from
> time plants are set in garden. For transplants
> add 8-10 weeks. Space plants 18-24" apart.

One of my 3 pails of peppers, 4  plants to a pail, is the Caribbean Red
Hot, it is loaded with fruit, none yet turning red, but as soon as one
does, I will chomp one and report! I will say this, that if it is half
as hot as the whatchamacallits (supposedly serranos)(which aint)then I
will indeed, be a very happy camper...got my second and third one of
these red today, so will use them in more guacamole!Cheers, Doug in BC