RE: [CH] Chiles in State Fair

Bloechl, Sharen Rund (sharen.rund.bloechl@lmco.com)
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 06:54:49 -0700

Renee

Try contacting the State Fair board and find out what their rules & regs are
so you can start thinking more about what you want to grow & show

Sharen Rund Bloechl

Lockheed Martin Enterprise Information Systems
Sunnyvale Data Center
sharen.rund.bloechl@lmco.com <mailto:sharen.rund.bloechl@lmco.com>
Phone: 408-756-5432
[or]					Fax:   408-756-0912
srund@svl.ems.lmco.com <mailto:srund@svl.ems.lmco.com> 		LMnet:
8-326-5432
Pager: 408-539-5146	web:
http://webpager.lmms.lmco.com/perl/mtrocall.cgi
<http://webpager.lmms.lmco.com/perl/mtrocall.cgi>
[or] Operator Assist:  1-800-725-5079, pin 408-539-5146

----------
From:  Renee Watson[SMTP:rlwat@uswest.net]
Sent:  Wednesday, September 15, 1999 8:58 PM
To:  carlos m navarro
Cc:  CH-Msg
Subject:  Re: [CH] Chiles in State Fair

carlos m navarro wrote:

> I'm curious how many persons in this listserve have an opportunity to
> enter chiles in their respective state fairs.   (In most states, the fair
> is away from the larger and even medium-sized cities.  In New Mexico, the
> fair is here in Albuquerque).

The Minnesota State Fair is held in St. Paul just about two from the
Minneapolis city limits. I've never considered growing for show but it is
fun
when you walk around the displays of amazing fruits & veg. Next year I'm
hoping that planning have a place to grow a chili assortment and some other
veggies. If successful I think I'll try submitting something for the fair
judging. green56 mentioned that a matched set of six peppers is required...
now that will be a challenge.

Renee