Re: [CH] Question: Anyone Preserved in Brandy???

Kristofer Blennow (kristofer@blennow.se)
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 18:26:11 +0200

On 17 Sep 99, Bradley A. Halldin wrote:

> Has anyone used Brandy or other alcohol to "pickle" any hot peppers?
> Please post a suggestion on type of alcohol and pepper to use.

Well, I am repeating myself, but it is worth the risk I guess...

"Fireman's Bitter" (by yours truly):

bottle of Vodka (Swedish "Absolut" is not that bad...)
Habaneros (1-5 ... whatever you can stand)
Wormwood branch (how much? as much as looks good in the bottle.)
few grains of Sugar (if you want some "body"... don't overdo it)

Let the bottle rest for a few days... then (perhaps) drain. Guess
your fellow CH:s will have drunk it all way b4 that.

Actually, I am sure you can spice up any destilled drink with chiles,
a good bourbon would probably be GREAT, thinking in the spur of the
moment, bourbon, honey and habs...  okay, testing next week...

Uh-Oh, you were requesting the pickled PEPPERS, not the DRINK...?
Well, it is just in the eye of the beholder, I guess.

Kristofer