Re: [CH] Program to resize .JPG photos

John Benz Fentner, Jr. (johnfentner@home.com)
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 12:19:42 -0400

Doug Goldenberg wrote:

> Hey - saw many of you have web sites with chile pictures....
> Now, I took some pictures, had them put on a "Kodak Photo CD"; they come as
> .jpg files with high resolution.  The Kodak viewer program works OK, but if
> I send them to a web browser, they turn out to huge sized, so that you can
> only see maybe 1/5 of the picture at a time.  Do you know of a program that
> resizes the photos (without losing resolution or proportion)?  I'm thinking
> maybe Adobe Photo Shop - maybe download it from somewheres...
> Damn these newfangled gadgets, anyways.

I use Paint Shop Pro for that. It's shareware and you can
download it from most any of the online shareware places.

BTW...I used to have my stuff done on Kodak Photo CDs but
the last couple of batches the quality of the digitized
images was so bad that I got better results scanning the
prints myself.

JB
--
John Benz Fentner, Jr.