[CH] Pasillas

danceswithcarp (dcombs@bloomington.in.us)
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 16:03:49 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Doug Goldenberg <dgoldenberg@sprintmail.com>

> Yes - pasillas are very good.  That's a misnomer - the real Mexican name
is
> poblano.  Pasillas are actually a long, narrow, dry, brown chile, for
> makiing brown chile powder.  Not to be picky or anything....

Yup.  Sort of. I bought a Pasilla at chile-woman's booth today at the
farmer's market for fifteen cents american and gnawed it down just to see
what it was.  Heatwise I gave it a 1.   The chile itself was the same dark
green a poblana is, but the pepper was long and skinny like an arbol or  a
good healthy cayenne.   Quite tasty, and very pretty.

carpo