Re: [CH] Crispy Cabrito Ribs

Dave Drum (xrated@cityscape.net)
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 22:13:28 -0500

Valerie wrote:

> These sound really good but I don't think I'll be able to
> find cabrito ribs around here. I can't even find beef ribs
> around here! And what's the deal with pork steaks in this
> area?? Sorta like the leather in my shoe, maybe someone here
> has a recipe that will make them edible? Anyway, I digress...

Pork steaks (pork in general) is cheap owing to a glut of available
meat. I buy pork butts sliced into steaks for around 75c/lb at all the
local stupormarkups except Jewel. Here's whatcha do.... put some of
your favourite chilli powder (mix really, for making a bowl of red)
into a shaker. Shake liberally over the pork steaks and let them stand
for at least 20 minutes. Wrap and refrigerate any that won't be used
right away.

Get out your George Foreman grill and plug him in. Grind some fresh
pepper onto the steaks. Bung 'em onto the grill. Wait as long as you
can stand. Put steaks on the plate. Eat. Enjoy. Give the fat from the
little tray thingie to your pet(s). My cat loooooooves chilli
flavoured anything.

I've never had a dried out piece of meat on the George. It's one of
the few kitchen gadgets that I consider I got more than my money's
worth from.

ENJOY!!!
--
Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchens
Home of Yaaaah Hoooo Aaahhh HOT Sauce & Hardin Cider