Re: [CH] Chili

Inagaddadavida,Baby (raelsixty4@earthlink.net)
Sun, 19 Sep 1999 11:19:03 -0600

At 10:55 AM 9/19/99 -0500, green56 wrote:
>I've some chipoltes in adobo sauce and would like to use one or both of
>the cans.  But not ever having tried these before, not sure how they
>taste.  The sauce, I mean.
>
>Are they something that would work good in a chili, specially using
>black beans?

chipotles work wonderfully in black bean chili...used to work at a
vegetarian restaurant that had a "house" bb-chili...we'd often spice it up
w/chipotles and incorporate that into a spicy(er) dish whenever necessary...

in fact, chipotles en adobo were pretty much *the* chiles we used for
things...they just work well with most everything...

as for using a whole can (assuming the small, what?, 5 oz cans?...the tiny
ones), it all depends on how much chili you're making, and how much heat
you can stand...

Peace, Hendrix, and Chiles.......

Rael"...experimenting w/new, shorter, more consise, and hopefully not
unlawful, sigs..."64

Rael64
Monk of the TCS
Order of Immaculate Twister