Re: [CH] Skyline chili

Buffalo Sue (bflosue@earthlink.net)
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 09:47:19 -0500

I was in Cincinnati a few years ago, and the locals insisted I eat
at Skyline.  It's served over spaghetti, and you can get it "1-way",
"2-way"..."5-way", where that indicates how many toppings you want.
Toppings include shredded cheese, kidney beans, raw onions, etc.  The
story on the menu described how a Greek immigrant opened the first
restaurant in the 1930's(?).

Like Alex, I didn't care for it much, either.  It wasn't bad, but I
wouldn't go out of my way to eat there.  And it certainly isn't what I
make when I prepare chili.  I would doubt there is any chile in there
at all - to me, it tasted like a thin, runny tomato sauce with a few
greek spices, most notably cinnamon.

Alex Silbajoris wrote:
> Skyline is a chili restaurant chain which I think originated with a lunch
> counter in Cincinnati.  It's a very mild style of chili, with or without
> meat, and sometimes (always?) served over spaghetti.
-snip-

--

Buffalo Sue

"Mild is a four-letter word..."