Re: [CH] Chili with Flexible Heat

danceswithcarp (dcombs@bloomington.in.us)
Sun, 26 Sep 1999 20:01:07 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Yvonne J. Beever <lemur@austintx.com>

> I grew up in Indiana with my Mom's chili which had spaghetti AND
> beans...and I loved it.

Yup.  I've never figured out why they call it "Cinncinati chili" when it's a
well know fact that Indiana has by far the best versions and varieties.
Try putting sugar and a can of corn in it, then add some spinach and cut the
beans in half.

> Of course, after livin' in Texas for a coupla years, and 5 years after
> my Chile-Head
> transformation, I've come to know and love the "true" chili...but still
> have a taste
> for my Mom's recipe...She just was not enlightened, that's all... :-)

Aw, them Texans think beans and meat is all the food groups there is.

carp