RE: [CH] [Chile Heads] illustration class assignment

Bloechl, Sharen Rund (sharen.rund.bloechl@lmco.com)
Wed, 06 Oct 1999 06:45:00 -0700

Incan boats were made of reeds tied together, much like the Egyptian ones
but a bit more crude - kind of like a raft with sides - there were usually
sides low enough for rowers on each side to propel the boats - any sails
were square rigged - kind of like this:

\\ __________________________//

  \\                                                 //
    \\====================//

Check out this web page - there's a picture of a carving of a boat

http://www.realtime.net/maya/incfldr/incbase.html
<http://www.realtime.net/maya/incfldr/incbase.html>

also, Clive Cussler has a rough drawing in "Inca Gold" a Dirk Pitt adventure

Sharen Rund Bloechl

Lockheed Martin Enterprise Information Systems
Sunnyvale Data Center
sharen.rund.bloechl@lmco.com <mailto:sharen.rund.bloechl@lmco.com>
Phone: 408-756-5432
[or]					Fax:   408-756-0912
srund@svl.ems.lmco.com <mailto:srund@svl.ems.lmco.com> 		LMnet:
8-326-5432
Pager: 408-539-5146	web:
http://webpager.lmms.lmco.com/perl/mtrocall.cgi
<http://webpager.lmms.lmco.com/perl/mtrocall.cgi>
[or] Operator Assist:  1-800-725-5079, pin 408-539-5146