Re: [CH] Mexican Chocolate

bill jernigan (bill.jernigan@juno.com)
Thu, 7 Oct 1999 20:06:13 -0400

On Thu, 7 Oct 1999 08:26:27 -0500 "Deb deForest" <deforest@selec.net>
writes:

>They
>had only
>one brand that I could find and it was different than I've used in the
>past.
>It was "Abuelita" (apparently the word for "Nestle" in Spanish <g>).

close...abuelita means grandmother, and her picture is on the package...

>It
>also said "Autentico Chocolate Mexicano Para Mesa" (As you may have
>guessed,
>I'm not great with Spanish but I believe this translates roughly to
>Authentic Chocolate for Mexican Perry Masons, now I'm REALLY confused
>;-).

again, close..."authentic mexican table chocolate"...i'm not sure what
chocolate is used in mole, but i would guess that hot chocolate chocolate
(which is what you have there) is too sweet...it has a LOT of sugar in
it...but makes dynamite hot chocolate...

my favorite mole story was the texan in a little mayan restaurant who
proclaimed to his tourist friends, "MOLE sauce!...Mama, these people will
eat anything!...Turkey with MOLE sauce!...now i've seen everything!"

>Deb in Houston

bill from the shadows...