Re: [CH] Belated thanks, and help...

Chet Bacon (chet@chetbacon.com)
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 05:35:52 -0400

There are many differences in honey thickness and color.. depends on a
lot of factors mostly what they eat and time of year.. remember we are
talking bee barf here.. lol
'Though I have never put peppers in my honey I'd think I would heat it
up and cook (not boiling) the pepper so the honey would be accepted into
the cell walls of the pepper and replace the water content.  I don't
know if I'd waste my honey trying it. (Those little bees have to do a
lot of work for just a teaspoon never mind a jar)

Chet

tucker wrote:

> Is there a big difference in what I bought for this purpose, that being
> "clover" honey, and what I now see in our cabinet as, apparently, just
> plain honey? There seems to be at least a physical difference in not
> only the color, but also in the way it flows inside the jar. The
> "clover" honey is much clearer and free flowing than the other. Any
> insights before I waste any more good Habs. on this project?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> -E.-

* Chet Bacon   KA1ILH     |           Okay, who put a             *
* PO Box 284              |         "stop payment" on my          *
* Southington, CT 06489   |             reality check?            *
* E-Mail:                 | Homepage:                             *
* chet@chetbacon.com      | http://www.chetbacon.com              *
* cbacon@connix.com(work) | http://www.connix.com/~cbacon (work)  *
* Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco*
* Adopt a Doberman     Help end puppy mills!      www.dru.org     *