Re: [CH] CH Sausage

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@home.com)
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 21:16:48 -0700

tgreaves@notes.primeco.com wrote:

> Thomas Greaves@PCS PRIMECO>
> I just got me an electric meat grinder to use for making some home made sausage.
> I've got a book on order but thought I'd check with the CHeads >SNIP<
Tom, and all....I have been using my own meat grinder for many years to
grind all of our own meat...we buy a pork leg, or butt, trim as much fat
from it as we wish, and there is our ground pork...I do the whole thing,
and then freeze it in 8-12 oz pkgs. Same thing with beef, and the beauty
of this is that you know what is in that minced meat, and you control
the fat content. Great meat loaf can be made with ham, pork and veal,
and with the grinder, pieces of raw onion, and peppers may also be added
to the meat as you are grinding it....have fun! I started out about 20
years ago with a Rival, then when we got the Kitchen Aid, we bought the
whole kit with it, meat grinder, grater, and salad machine, 3 separate pieces..
no affilliatin, etc, just a very happy user...Cheers, Doug in BC