[CH] Indoor chiles

Byron (Byron.Bromley@Gsd-Co.Com)
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 20:04:14 -0400

Risa

>From: RST G <synapse7@home.com>
>Subject: [CH] Over-wintering Question

I >have brought in a few plants for the winter and will be bringing in a
>few more in the next few days. I have a question now...

>How often should I water? How often should I fertilize? Some of the
>plants still have a few buds, flowers or chiles on them, so I assume I
>shouldn't fertilize those yet. What should I do and when should I do it?
>I've never successfully over-wintered a chile plant. I want to make sure
>these make it through to April of 2000.

>Any help would be appreciated.

>RisaG

A third year observation on feeding peppers. When the feed is just right
the leaves are a glossy green, Look at the growing point or new leaves, If
the section nearest the stem is a lighter yellow green, the plant is
growing
the best it can, When that area starts to fade it's time to feed again.
  With peppers it's better to underfeed than overfeed.

Byron