[CH] Caldo de Manquera and New Dining Experiences,was: Kokeretsi

Rockin' Randy (ledbelly99@yahoo.com)
Sun, 24 Oct 1999 12:18:02 -0700 (PDT)

Calvin,

You are so right.  Here's a link to an Equadorian Recipe:

http://www.geocities.com/NapaValley/1155/fcaldman.html

Don't let the recipe discourage you - his Equador food section
is educational and includes many chile pepper recipes:

http://www.geocities.com/NapaValley/1155/food_int.html

For any Bon Vivants on the list there's a section titled
Hangover and Drinking Foods:

http://www.geocities.com/NapaValley/1155/h_food.html

Recently I was reading the ingredients on the box of the Chicken
Pot Pie I was eating.  It listed "Mechanically Separated
Chicken" Horrors! In my sheltered existence I had thought
*people* killed and pulled the meat off the chickens!

I called a work associate who runs a big chicken house on the
side for extra money.  I enquired about the process of killing
and preparing chickens and he said it was not a pretty sight.
And just like the hot dogs, outsiders are not allowed to watch.

I am always open to new taste experiences.  One thing I took
exception to was the Sea Urchin at the Sushi Bar.  However, one
evening after some saki and Sappora I conquered the beast.  It
was not so bad after all.

Rockin' "Couldn't resist the gross food thread" Randy

--- Calvin Donaghey <gdonaghey@bitstreet.com> wrote:

> Mary-Anne,
> There are several dishes from different heritages with similar
> ingredients.

Then:

> Ever watch
> hot dogs being made? (They don't generally allow it,

=====
Rockin' Randy's Homepage:
http://members.tripod.com/~rocknrandy/index.html

El Grande's Shrine: