Re: [CH] chiles and flu

Dave Drum (xrated@cityscape.net)
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 20:01:00 -0500

rain@wwbbs.otherside.com wrote:

> I'm down with the flu, y'all, which sucks...but I discovered something
> useful in the process: chile-laced coffee (decaf, so you can still
> sleep) does wonders for a sore throat, or at least it sure did for the
> one I got from coughing.

> PS--Let me please urge you sincerely: don't put off getting your flu
> shot this year like I did.  This strain, whichever one it is, is
> genuinely nasty, and the season is starting early.

Heeeeey! I haven't seen you post in dog's years. Good to see you back.
Sorry 'bout the flu. I don't get flu shots any more. Every time I get
one it works and I'm down for three days to a week. As long as I ride
my mo'sickle and do
my outdoorsy stuff the bug that bites me DIES!   <GGG>

This stuff is good for what ails you.

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.06

      Title: Burton Ford's Mexican Chocolate En Leche (With A Kick)
 Categories: Spicy, Beverages, Chocolate, Blender
      Yield: 4 servings

      4 lg Habenaro peppers
      6 oz Chocolate, Mexican
      4 c  Milk

  CAUTION*** This is a PROFESSIONAL recipe.  Don't try this at home
***
  In a heavy 2 to 3 quart saucepan, combine the chocolate and milk.
  Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the chocolate has
  melted completely and the mixture is well blended and hot.  Puree
  Habaneros in a food processor or blender and add to the Chocolate
  mixture. Do not let the mixture come to a boil.  With a molinillo
  (Mexican wooden beater) or a rotary beater, beat the chocolate
  vigorously until it is foamy. Pour it into individual cups and serve
  at once while driving to the nearest hospital. *** Double caution do
  not get this near your eyes, mucuous membranes or any other vital
  part of your body.  If you should spill it in your lap while driving
  to the hospital, pull into the nearest McDonalds, scream bloody
  murder, and sue for three million dollars.

  Posted by Burton5 on FIDO's NAtional Cooking Echo

  FROM: Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchen

MMMMM

ENJOY!!!
--
Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchens
Home of Yaaaah Hoooo Aaahhh HOT Sauce & Hardin Cider