Re: [CH] The Way of the Hunan Hand V6 #90

Cameron Begg (begg.4@osu.edu)
Thu, 04 Nov 1999 01:19:55 -0500

Hi C-H's,
Tony O'Brien wrote:

>	Having spent the summer experimenting with as many chile varieties
>as I could find space for (40+ in the end), I've inevitably reached the
>point where supply is far outstripping demand. In particular I've had bumper
>crops of Aji Yellows, Hot Lemons (lemon drops ?), Super Chiles, Bolivian
>Rainbows, and a bunch of golden/orange/red Hab varieties to boot.

Congratulations on growing such a collection of pods in the UK. Do
you think it was because of a better than usual Summer, or did you
grow them in a greenhouse with supplemental lighting? I urge you to
contact some of the other UK C-H's for some rocoto seeds, which are
far easier to grow than C. chinense are in your area. (Or send me
your address.) You could actually leave them outside for much of the
Winter if in a sheltered spot as they can withstand light frost.

I am testing a rocoto plant for hardiness as our temperatures fall
here in Ohio. Last night it got down to 26F (-3C) and it was quite
breezy. Probably a bit much.

New speedier Cardinal coming at you via a G4 450 running OS9. (Not
often that I'm the fastest kid on the block!)

---
                      Regards,               Cameron.