Re: [CH] Chili powder

tucker (tucker@ticon.net)
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 19:38:28 -0600

=Mark wrote:

> Don't drive an Urban Assault Vehicle or own a cell phone (am peversely
> proud of the amount of time that I'm not able to be contacted...), but
> wonder when this passing new laws for driving safety will outlaw looking
> for tapes or changing the radio station, adjusting the heat or scolding the
> children while driving.  Likewise billboards and signs should be outlawed,
> and in various scenic areas barriers should be erected to prevent us from
> being distracted by the view.  Of course scantilly clad attractive people
> would be banned from sidewalks...   :-)

  I guess that would be covered under "inattentive driving", although I don't
know if that's enforceable until after an accident has resulted. We seem to
have some firemen on the list, and cops out there???? I kind of agree with you
on enjoying the out of contact time, unfortunately my drive to work was cut
down to about seven minutes a couple of years ago. At least when I get home I
can fire up the good 'ol modem and block out all the phone solicitors,
..wife,.... family,........ friends,...............hmmmm, how much are those
yuppie phones again? Maybe cheaper than an extra phone line.......?

More on topic....

Just got a few pounds of Jalapenos from my neighbor that the grocery store he
works at was going to throw out. Now, I've seen my fair share of Japs. with the
skins cracking, but these  have more of this than anything I've seen in the
past. They seem just fine otherwise, not infirm or discolored or anything.
Would anyone out there be able to explain to me exactly what causes some to do
this so extremely, while others of the same size, maturity color, etc. don't
exhibit any sign of it?

Thanks,

-E.-