Re: [CH] is it possible to extract vinegar

Kristofer Blennow (kristofer@blennow.se)
Sat, 20 Nov 1999 03:32:02 +0100

On 19 Nov 99, Robert A Reed wrote:

> I buy and use large quantities of many varities of hot sauce I would
> like to know if anyone has come up with a way to redice the amount of
> vinegar in comercially available hot sauces

Sure. Try baking soda. Should create an interestingly fizzy hot
sauce...

Or (don't try this at home, kids) sodium hydroxide (NaOH). Very very
dangerous if you overdose it... but not toxic per se...

Kristofer

Kristofer Blennow   Non Sive Sive, Sed Et Et
Physical location: [close to] Stockholm, Sweden
WWW location:       http://www.blennow.se/