Re: [CH] is it possible to extract vinegar

M. & L. Doster (mld@theworks.com)
Sun, 21 Nov 1999 08:00:53 -0800

Dave Drum wrote:
>Almost all commercial sauces will have some vinegar in them since it
>is both cheap and a preservative. Bro' Robert should pick sauces that
>have less of a vinegar flavour if he doesn't like it. Much easier than
>trying to seduce the vinegar out of the sauce.

I agree. In the past, I've looked at the list of ingredients on the bottles
in order to avoid the excessive vinegar flavor. It's very difficult to find
one that doesn't use vinegar. The ones that have more chile peppers than
vinegar (as listed in the list of ingredients) are good. I use Tamazula
sauce, made in Mexico, although it's not very hot. It's ingredients (in the
order on the bottle) are:
water, chile peppers, vinegar, salt, spices.

--Mark