Re: [CH] Sarin gas

Frank Andrew Stevenson (frank@funcom.com)
Sun, 21 Nov 1999 21:45:16 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 19 Nov 1999, Goslowsky, George wrote:
> I found out the other night that Sarin gas has nothing on chile vinegar
> in boiling water.  I was making some artichokes for a snack and was
> boiling them in water very heavily laced with habanero vinegar and
> garlic.  About 5 minutes after they started my wife and I were in
> coughing fits.  Noses running, eye watering, the whole 9 yards.  It
> lasted long after the artichokes were done.

real handy in situations like this. But if you get used to having sarin
gas ( capsiasine ) in the kitchen, you will find that you don't have to
cough, just try and ignore the small itch in your throat. ( If you can, it
is a great way to build your reputation as a crazy chef, frying away on
your habs, while ever walking, creeping and crawling thing evacuates the
premises. )

Earlier today, some CH friends and I _intentionally_ threw soaked hab
powder onto the sauna oven. ( This probably is another YKYACHI ) For the
first 2 minutes it sendt us out the door, mumbling something about a gas
chamber. But after a while we were all back in, and that stuff cleared our
sinuses in a way eucalyptus oil can never do. Also it helps building
resistance to 'the itch'.

  frank