[CH] Re: Reducing Vinegar Taste (Experiment)

D. Gibson (jongleurdg@earthlink.net)
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 08:22:45 -0600

Rob,

Some have said that the boiling point of vinegar is
higher than water.  What about the freezing point?  Is
there a point during freezing when the water turns
slushy solid and the vinegar is still liquid?  If so,
then the vinegar could be poured off the top if the
sauce is frozen slowly or perhaps squeezed out.  Once
again, this would only work if vinegar's freezing point
is lower than water's .  Good Luck, Rob.

------------Begin Quote------------------

Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 15:52:36 -0800
From: Robert A Reed <rob.rd@juno.com>
Subject: [CH] is it possible to extract vinegar

One of the most common ingredients in hot sauce is
vinegar . Unfortunatly
it's an ingredient  that I don't care to much for. And
as I buy and use
large quantities of many varities of hot sauce I would
like to know if
anyone has come up with a way to redice the amount of
vinegar in
comercially available hot sauces

Rob .