Re: [CH] hiya

chefchile (chefchile@gateway.net)
Sun, 28 Nov 1999 13:28:23 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: Dave Drum <xrated@cityscape.net>
To: <GarryMass@aol.com>
Cc: <chile-heads@globalgarden.com>
Sent: Sunday, November 28, 1999 11:43 AM
Subject: Re: [CH] hiya

> GarryMass@aol.com wrote:
>
> > how do you dry peppers without buying anything
> > expensive :( ?
>
> > Get a Mr. Coffee dehydrator.  Good stuff - cheap.
>
> Cheaper yet.... solar energy. Set 'em out in the sun.
>

> ENJOY!!!

Even cheaper than that is to use your oven.  I guess it would be a bit
expensive though because you may have to buy or rent the house to put the
oven in.

Just turn it on the very lowest setting and maybe leave the door open a bit.
Depending on your location and weather you might try just setting them in
the oven without turning it on at all.  These methods worked for me in Las
Vegas, but who knows about somewhat more humid climates?

John "Chile" Whalen
chefchile@gateway.net
ICQ# 53601591

"There is no chance, no destiny, no fate, that can circumvent or hinder or
control the firm resolve of a determined soul. "  (Ella Wheeler Wilcox)