Re: [CH] hiya

Dave Drum (xrated@cityscape.net)
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 10:05:01 -0600

chefchile wrote:

> > > how do you dry peppers without buying anything
> > > expensive :( ?
> >
> > > Get a Mr. Coffee dehydrator.  Good stuff - cheap.
> >
> > Cheaper yet.... solar energy. Set 'em out in the sun.
>
> Even cheaper than that is to use your oven.  I guess it would be a bit
> expensive though because you may have to buy or rent the house to put the
> oven in.
>
> Just turn it on the very lowest setting and maybe leave the door open a bit.
> Depending on your location and weather you might try just setting them in
> the oven without turning it on at all.  These methods worked for me in Las
> Vegas, but who knows about somewhat more humid climates?

Still got to buy gas or 'lectric. Sunshine falls out the sky without the gummint
or the utitity company having figgered out a way to charge for it. But, they're
working on that part.

BTW - My gas oven has a pilot light... that's where I dry my peppers. And rise
my bread dough. But, not everyone has a gas stove. And not every gas stove has a
pilot light. But everyone - except for people in Seattle and 'burbs gets
sunshine.

ENJOY!!!
--------
UNCLE DIRTY DAVE'S KITCHEN --
Home of Yaaaaa Hooooo Aaahhh!!! HOT SAUCE and Hardin Cider