Re: [CH] Potted chiles

Calvin Donaghey (gdonaghey@bitstreet.com)
Sat, 04 Dec 1999 11:43:31 -0600

Byron-
I have observed that my tepins ripen to a more orange than red in these
autumn conditions.  I can't tell any difference in flavor or heat, just
color.  I am assuming it is more temperature than light related in my
case, because the tepins in the greenhouse are still ripening more red.
I keep the greenhouse 15 degrees above ambient night temps, or about
55.  Ajis are really enjoying it.  This is the first year I've ever
grown Aji Amarillos 7-8" long.  No changes in seed or fertilizer, so who
knows?