Re: [CH] Lemon Pepper Vodka / Help????

tucker (tucker@ticon.net)
Tue, 09 Mar 1999 15:23:04 -0600

The Adair's wrote:

> My wife made this for me.  It is delicious!
>
> 1liter bottle of Vodka
> spiral of lemon peel
> 1 tablespoon pepper corns
> 2 Thai Dragon peppers, ends nipped off ( more or less to taste,  I
> imagine any favorite type of pepper would do)
>
> Use a vegetable peeler to cut  the peel off of a lemon in a spiral.
> Just get the yellow aromatic part of the skin, not the white pithy
> stuff.
>
> Throw all the ingredients into the bottle of vodka and put in the
> freezer for a couple of weeks giving it a couple of turns every time
> you open the freezer.
>
> The result is a vodka with an initial lemony freshness with the
> pepper kicking in a few seconds later.  I love it!
>
> Tim in Kalispell

  This sounds like it might be interesting, but...

Has anyone out there tried the Absolut Peppar (SP?) vodka? I haven't
been able to find a nice small sized bottle to sample. I did find a
small bottle (50ML) of the Mandarin. It may have just been me not being
accustomed to drinking this kind of stuff straight, but I thought it
tasted as I might imagine turpentine tasting. I enjoy a little mixed in
with juice, but straight was awful. I don't imagine the Peppar would
taste much better straight, but mixed with?????? Any reports?
Thanks,
-E.-  (Who will maybe just stick with Kostritzer for a while.)