Re: [CH] Recipe Request

Charles Demas (demas@sunspot.tiac.net)
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 01:03:40 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 20 Dec 1999, RST G wrote:

> I am ISO Venison recipes. A neighbor, whose husband is a hunter on the
> weekends, has too much venison sitting in her freezer and no room for
> any other kind of meat. So she is giving me some venison. I've never
> made it before. I know it has little fat. Other than that, I have no
> knowledge of venison. Any good venison recipes out there? I'd appreciate
> any help with this.

You lucky person.  I love venison, but rarely get to eat it.

I do have a great resource for you though.  Here's the URL:

Susan Hattie Steinsapir: Her Recipes
http://www.andreas.com/susan/recipes.html

On this page are links to Susan's recipes, including 17
for venison.

          + Venison Chili
          + Belgian style Venison Braise
          + Braised Shoulder of Venison with White Beans
          + Paupiettes of Venison
          + Provencal style Venison Daube
          + Provencal Style Venison Stew
          + Red Cooked Venison
          + Red Wine Marinated Leg of Venison
          + Sauteed Venison Scallops in Cream Sauce
          + Sauteed Venison Scallops in Marsala Sauce
          + Venison Goulash
          + Venison Pepper Steaks
          + Venison Stew Marengo
          + Venison Stew with Chocolate and Sausages
          + Venison Stew with Garlic
          + Venison Vindaloo
          + Venison with Chorizo and Green Peppers

  Susan died a couple years ago, but she was much loved in
  rec.food.cooking, and we sold tee-shirts (volunteer effort)
  in her honor, and donated all the profit.

  Her recipes are all great, though I've only tried a couple.

  You might want to print the recipes out and give them to your
  neighbor as thanks for the venison.

  Chuck Demas
  Needham, Mass.

  Eat Healthy    |   _ _   | Nothing would be done at all,
  Stay Fit       |   @ @   | If a man waited to do it so well,
  Die Anyway     |    v    | That no one could find fault with it.
  demas@tiac.net |  \___/  | http://www.tiac.net/users/demas