Re: [CH] Hunan Hand 'cure'

ThePepperMan@cs.com
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 20:05:31 EST

In a message dated 12/23/1999 05:39:53 PM Central Standard Time,
keith@stephensonk.freeserve.co.uk writes:

>  recently tried a logical approach and it seemed to work. If the 'heat' in
>  the chilli juice is oil soluble, not water soluble, I surmised that rubbing
>  oil (in my case olive oil) into my hands would draw out the heat, then I
>  washed the oil off my hands using washing up detergent.

I've used shampoo, especially that designed for oily hair. It works pretty
well and doesn't smell bad either. Speaking of smelling bad... if you get
fish smell on your hands, try washing them with hot water and toothpaste. It
seems to neutralize the smell quite quickly.

Jeff "The Pepper Man"
http://forsite.net/chrogues
http://lightning.prohosting.com/~ulupica