Re: [CH] Christmas Datils

danceswithcarp (dcombs@bloomington.in.us)
Wed, 29 Dec 1999 21:42:35 -0500

From: <GarryMass@aol.com>

> And to one and all who have long crowed quietly on this list
> about the glory of the Datil, I apologize for not listening more closely,
> more carefully, more growingly.  Whatever the growing problems are for
these
> babies anywhere north of St. Augustine, I'm gonna hafta try.

Pure propoganda.  I grew them in Indy-by-gawd-anna the last few years and
they thrive.  They are a big-leafed plant like a hab and they were extremely
fruitful at the end of this year's drought.

That stuff about how they won't grow will probably also be contradicted by
the proprietier of Mild-To-Wild, Jim Campbell The Oneth.  He had several
datil tree about 30 miles north of here.

carp